Thursday, December 17, 2015

Bella's Mittens

This one is my newest project. I finished these mittens a few weeks ago. I knit them for myself and I love them. Everyone who tries them on attempts to steal them. Yes. They ARE that wonderful.

The pattern is Bella's Mittens and it is a free pattern on Ravelry. The designer is a Twilight fan (I am not) and these are based off mittens worn in a movie that I have never seen. I did, however, look at pictures of the mittens Bella wore in the movie and they were quite cozy. Mine look nothing like hers, but the yarn I used was completely different. I started knitting these mittens the day that we got our first snow here in Michigan. While it has already melted away and is gone, these mittens were still a celebration of that snow. I had not even planned on making them!

I had actually started to knit a scarf and the yarn I was using was not working out with the lace pattern, so I frogged the scarf and went searching in my stash for a yarn that would work better. I REALLY wanted to spend the first snow day knitting. My stash, however, is enormous and disorganized and I happened across a treasure that I forgot I had and decided to knit with that yarn instead. And Bella's Mittens were the result.

The yarn is 700 Potter by Skeins in the Stacks. Skeins in the Stacks yarns are dyed in Alaska by a librarian. She numbers her yarns like the Dewey Decimal system. So 100 is lace weight and 700 is bulky weight. Potter is the last name of Beatrix Potter, who wrote Peter Rabbit, and the yarn is 100% long-staple angora. Bunny yarn!!! It is dyed in the colorway Camomile Tea, which is also in the story!! How cute is that!!!

The mittens make butter feel rough and are extremely cute. I am so pleased with them and I am glad that they were knit for someone who will appreciate them... ME!!!!


10 comments:

  1. such beautiful mitts, they look wonderful on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my dear. You have no e-mail on your blogger profile so I have to answer you here ; ) The wool I used for the scarf is a Vintage dk I believe. I am terrible at saving labels. Anyway, it's very soft and just thick enough that it should be cozy.
    Love your mitts. Such a soft yellow. Merry Christmas to you. You are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carla. I will try to get an email added to it soon. :) Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. What wonderful mittens. Lucky you that they are all yours! I am jealous, buy it's far too warm here in London at the moment for anything like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having an uncommonly warm winter here in Michigan too, but I am still keeping my hands warm with them. 😀

      Delete
  4. I love those mitts. They look so incredibly soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are as soft as a bunny!

      Delete
  5. Hi Ady :). Those are beautiful mittens. I love the colour and they look so soft.

    ReplyDelete

I truly appreciate your comments and will reply to them here on my blog. My only rule is to be nice. I will delete anything that is mean-spirited, obscene, spammy, or in any other way "not nice."