Thursday, December 31, 2015

Trellis Scarf

I squeezed out one more project in 2015. It is easily the fastest project that I have ever knit. This was a gift to my mother and she adores it. The pattern is called Trellis Scarf by Ellen Huber. It is $9.00 on Ravelry, which is very pricey considering how simple this pattern is. But the results are beautiful, so it was worth it. It uses enormous needles (US 35/ 19mm) and super bulky yarn. It is a two row pattern with no chart. It is easily memorized and the cast on is only 16 stitches, so each row goes fast. I think the whole project took just a couple of hours, and I am the world's slowest knitter! I used Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky in the colorway Jasmine and it was fluffy and soft and divine. I have used this yarn before and have more in my stash to use up. I definitely love it! I took just a couple quick selfies with the scarf before gifting this scarf to my mother. She loved it and said that she thought this stitch pattern and yarn would make an excellent blanket. It would... if yarn budgets were unlimited! But I am so glad that she loves the scarf. You can check out more details on my Ravelry project page.

6 comments:

  1. Love the color and how chunky and cozy it looks! Have a great New Year Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, that scarf looks so beautiful and soft!! what a fantastic knit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is amazing! I love the finished result. And I love your hairstyle too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is my favorite hairstyle.

      Delete

I truly appreciate your comments and will reply to them here on my blog. My only rule is to be nice. I will delete anything that is mean-spirited, obscene, spammy, or in any other way "not nice."