Monday, February 1, 2016

Dwell

My second issue of 6 Bits Storybooks is here and it is called Dwell. From the website: "Our second issue DWELL is all about the dwelling places we find ourselves, places we long to create, experiences we need to share. We adventure together with friends along the shore both in the Pacific Northwest and South Pacific. See how moments to gather with friends looks unique in each place we call home, but share the same smiles and laughter no matter where we are. DWELL also takes readers through moments of quiet introspection through two unique photo story collections in the woods. Knitters can see each knitting pattern sample shown on a variety of sizes and shapes, in different settings and styles. Some patterns are even shown in several yarn and colour combination examples."

Included in this issue are 2 sweater patterns, 4 hat patterns, a shawl, a pair of slipper socks, mittens, fingerless mitts, a kerchief, and a sewing project. I am going to review a few of my favorites.

Many of you are familiar with Melody from the bmandarine's podcast. She has contributed a hat and a pair of mittens to this issue. I love both of these patterns! Both projects use an adorable pine tree motif, would be great for either gender, and appear to be relatively simple to knit. I also bet that most people have a skein of worsted weight wool burning in their stash that would make a fantastic Treehouse Hat. I know I do!


Linden, by Melissa of the 6 Bits Storybooks podcast, is a unisex cardigan. In the magazine, it is shown as equally stunning on both guys and ladies. The story behind this grandpa cardigan is actually about her grandpa! It is a great piece that would be a welcome addition into any wardrobe, I think.


Chittick Slipper Socks by Cate Carter-Evans of Infinite Twist are graphic and fun and would be great to wear in the colder months under boots as well as on a chilly summer night to warm up your feet. I am not sure how easy the would be to knit for an inexperienced colorwork knitter like myself, but I sure would love a pair!


Besides the wonderful patterns, 6 Bits Storybooks is full of wonderful articles and gorgeous photography. It is a pretty new publication, but they have a great podcast to go along with it. I am not being paid to sponsor or anything... but I just want to say that it is one of my new faves in the knitting publication world. Check them out at www.6bitsstorybooks.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly appreciate your comments and will reply to them here on my blog. My only rule is to be nice. I will delete anything that is mean-spirited, obscene, spammy, or in any other way "not nice."