Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Finished Objects - Brioche Scarf and Arika Cowl

I have a couple of things off the needles.

First, I did finally finish my brioche scarf. I knit up one full skein of Cascade Ecological Wool. These skeins are pretty big, and the finished size of my scarf is 8" wide and 66" long. I love it in all its wooly goodness and I think it will be a great gift! I am pleased with having learned a new skill.



I also finished the Arika Cowl by Jane Richmond. I made this as part of a knitalong with Tanis Fiber Arts using their supremely squishy Grey Label yarn in the colorway Iris. I had planned to put this in the gift bin as well, but I don't think I can part with it. I adore the fringe and the colors and it just feels wonderful! It was such a quick and easy knit with such a terrific effect. Yes... this one is mine.

10 comments:

  1. I love the chunky yarns for scarves! Your natural color of #1 is really beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love chunky scarves and cowls too. They feel so cozy

      Delete
  2. Wow! That cowl is gorgeous and the color is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The yarn was wonderful to work with! I love the variegated versions people knit for the KAL. And Tanis is a genius with color.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I don't know which one I like more!! The fringe is just always a winner, isn't it! Great projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the fringe better myself, but the scarf is a great unisex gift. Thank you for your kind comment!

      Delete
  4. Love, love, love the colour of the cowl and the construction is pretty genius! The Brioche scarf looks great, it's one or the few skills I haven't learnt yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cowl was a lot of fun to knit and super simple! Brioche is hard at first, but starting with one color helped a lot. Thank you for your sweet words!

      Delete
  5. Wow, both of these are great! I wanted to knit the Arika cowl but missed out on the TFA update... I may have to knit it in another yarn but I love the colors of yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am definitely smitten with the Iris colorway. I have a single skein of Grey Label in a colorway called Margarita from a club shipment last year. I love the yarn and color, but wasn't as smitten with the pattern it came with. I wish one skein was enough for another cowl, but alas, it will wait for a different project.

      Delete

I truly appreciate your comments and will reply to them here on my blog. My only rule is to be nice. I will delete anything that is mean-spirited, obscene, spammy, or in any other way "not nice."